Call Today 805-375-2233
Holistic DentalHolistic Dentistry is the process of approaching dentistry not just in terms of dental health, but of the overall health of the mind, body and spirit. Many holistic dentists in Camarillo and surrounding areas are committed to treating patients in a much different way than traditional dentistry.
As a leading holistic dentist, The Centers for Healing happily serves patients in all of Ventura County, including Agoura Hills, Westlake Village, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks, and Camarillo. We practice a type of unconventional dentistry that focuses on the overall health of the patient, not just the teeth. We attempt to avoid amalgam which contains mercury and other metals in fillings that are seen by many to be toxic.
The Holistic Dental Association focuses on several tenants which we strive to uphold in our practice at The Centers for Healing.
- Focus on nutrition to prevent various types of dental disease.
- Avoiding the use of toxic dental materials that can potentially harm patients.
- Treatment of bite issues or alignment problems.
- Treatment of gum disease holistically in the context of the body's overall health.
If you are interested in holistic dentistry, give The Centers for Healing a call today. We would be happy to schedule a consultation to discuss your overall dental health.
What is biological dentistry?
Biological dentists recognize the impact of toxic materials and relate it to dental and physiological health. These dentists use materials and procedures in their practices that are non-toxic and systemically compatible. They see the dental condition in relation to overall health.
What is the most toxic ingredient used by conventional dentists?
"Silver" amalgam fillings are 50 percent mercury. Mercury is the most toxic, non-radioactive element on the earth. Published research demonstrates that mercury is more toxic than lead, cadmium, or arsenic.
Is mercury toxic?
Due to its poisonous nature, mercury can adversely affect every system in the body. The World Health Organization has concluded that dental fillings contribute more mercury to a person's body than all other sources of mercury combined. Inhaled mercury vapor is easily absorbed into the bloodstream. Mercury vapor is continuously emitted from dental fillings and accumulates in the body over time. The damaging effects of this exposure may not manifest for years or even decades. Studies repeatedly demonstrate that even low levels of mercury cause measurable adverse health effects. Mercury in the tissues of a fetus or infant correlates significantly with the number of dental amalgam fillings in the mother. Newborns may be at risk for learning disabilities because of mercury their mother absorbed during pregnancy. Under laboratory conditions, mercury has produced brain cell deterioration identical to that seen in victims of Alzheimer's disease.
Please note that there is variability between biological dentists. Some biological dentists may not focus on all of these areas.
- Routine dental work with nontoxic and systemically compatible materials
- Removal of toxic metals used in conventional dental materials. Dissociating from their masses, these metal ions diffuse, migrate, and are absorbed by tissues to adversely affect bodily systems.
- Clearing blockages in meridians associated with unhealthy teeth
- Treatment of hidden or residual infection, including areas of necrosis (dead tissue) and chronic inflammation. These areas are called Dental Interference Fields, or Foci. A focus is a diseased change in the soft connective tissue containing non-processable material that keeps the local and general defense reactions in a continuous state of active conflict. This can lead to abnormal distant effects far removed from the original source.
What is the history of biological dentistry?
In the late 1970s, biological dentistry was developed in Germany. Now biological dentistry is taught and practiced in other parts of the world.
The dramatic video titled Smoking Teeth = Poison Gas has had a tremendous impact on both the public and professional audiences.The full version plays 40 minutes with interviews of experts in the fields of mercury toxicology, environmental medicine, politics and dentistry. It is available from the IAOMT for $14.95 + $4 shipping. Send Kym an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to order your personal DVD today.